Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In Memory of Sheila and Shasta

This summer held a few losses in our family. Just this week, one of our horses, Shasta, died in a lightning storm. We have had her since she was 1. This year she turned 7. She was a wonderful, gentle horse that Alma would ride and we were hoping to pass her on to Eden when Eden got a little older.


Sheila also passed away this summer in June due to cancer. She has been my dog for the last 11 years. She was a very quiet and obedient companion. Our family is much smaller now and they will both be missed. Lets hope that we have no more losses this year.



3 comments:

Lexi and Jordan said...

I had no idea. I am so sorry!

Erin said...

I loved your dog, Ruth. I am so sorry. That was a rough month.

Elise said...

That's so sad! I understand how it goes, though, I have had many pets die too :( No fun!